Name of company
Causeway Coast Rentals Ltd
Company Number: NI627487
Terms & Conditions
Booking Procedure and Payments
- All guests are required to fill in a booking form prior to a booking being confirmed and reserved. Once received, payment shall be taken in the following amounts –
- If the booking is made prior to six weeks of the letting a rental deposit of 25% of the rental sum plus £29.99 booking fee is to be forwarded with your booking form. The remaining balance of the rental sum is then due six weeks prior to the letting.
- If the booking is made within six weeks of the letting the whole of the rental payment is to be forwarded with your booking form.
- Non-payment of the sum payable by the due date (either deposit or full/final payment) may be treated as a cancellation of your booking and we will be entitled to re-let the property without notice to the guest.
- All bookings must have an adult over the age of 25 and groups all have to be over age 25 years. (Breakage deposits vary depending on the number of guests staying per booking).
- Booking fee – this is to cover administration costs for taking bookings (this is part of the rent).
Damages and Damage Deposit
- Breakage deposit – All guests are required to pay a breakage deposit prior to arrival. This will be refunded once the property has been checked after departure. Parties with 4 in their party – £150.00, 5 to 7 in the party is £250.00 and parties with over 8 is £350.00. Any more than four unrelated adults the breakage deposit will be £500.00. Company bookings will be charged minimum £500
These deposits can be taken by debit or credit card pre-authorisation over the phone. Properties managed by CCR directly will be always take a pre-authorisation.
Cancellations and Changes
- Any request to cancel a booking must be made to us in writing.
- If a cancellation is requested more than six weeks in advance of the booking the balance of any money paid, less the rental deposit, will be returned to the guest at the discretion of the owner.
- If the cancellation is requested within six weeks prior to the booking, the total amount of the rental cost is non-refundable.
- We will consider any request to change dates after confirmation has been issued. There will be an administration fee of £50.00 in the event a change of booking is made. Please note that any request to change booked dates must be done at least 6 weeks prior to the booking and will be at the discretion of the owner. The owner has the right to deny any request.
- There may be additional costs if dates are changed. If the rental price for the alternative arrival date is higher than that payable for the original date, you will have to pay the extra amount. If the rental price for the alternative arrival date is lower than that payable for the original date, the Property Owner may at his discretion agree to refund the difference but is not obliged to do so.
- All guests are advised to take out personal holiday cancellation insurance.
If you are not entirely satisfied with the property, you should contact the Property Owner or Causeway Coast Rentals immediately so that we can attempt to resolve the problem on site during your holiday. This is very important, as it gives the Property Owner or Causeway Coast Rentals the opportunity to remedy the situation for you. With luck, it will be fixed quickly and you can get on with enjoying your holiday.
Occupancy and Care of the Property
- Holiday bookings are by the week (unless by prior arrangement) from 4pm on the date of arrival to 10am on the date of departure. The time lapse is to enable the property to be cleaned and inspected in between bookings and to ensure everything is in good order.
- The number of people occupying the property may not exceed the number agreed on the booking form. Hirers must be over 25 years old; proof of ID may be required.
- The guest agrees to keep the property and all fittings, furniture, equipment and other contents in or on the property in a like state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the booking. The guest will make good (or will arrange with us to make good) any damage, breakage, or loss that may occur during the period of the booking.
- The rental of the property includes, rates, insurance of the property, heating and electricity. The property is equipped with crockery, cutlery, sheets, and adequate cleaning equipment, linen and towels (not to be used as beach towels!).
- The guests agree not to smoke, nor to allow smoking, inside the property at any time. (Please note that the full deposit will be taken if there is any sign of smoking within the property).
- When occupying the property we ask all guests to be mindful of neighbouring properties and keep noise to an acceptable level. We request noise levels be kept to a minimum between 11pm to 7am. If we receive any complaints from neighbours your breakage deposit will be used as compensation for any disruption caused.
- When leaving the property unoccupied, please ensure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
- Do not at anytime sit on the furniture with wet bathing suits, dirty clothing or with food or drinks.
- Please remove sandy shoes before entering the property.
- Do not move furniture around in the property and do not take outside.
- Guests are asked to leave the property clean and tidy and to ensure that they take all belongings with them. We would particularly caution any guest who is on any form of prescriptive medication to ensure that they do not leave it behind when they are departing. Please also be sure to check for any items that might have been left behind that could cause harm to any young children or adults.
- If possible please strip all bedding and place towels in bath/shower area.
- Put blue or black bin out on day listed. For extra rubbish, please use refuse sites which can be found on Causeway Street in Portrush, Coleraine or Roselick Road Portstewart.
- Unless the owner has agreed, there are no pets allowed inside the property.
- Causeway Coast Rentals will not be responsible for any claims of compensation or any loss or inconvenience you suffer if the fridge or freezer breaks down and causes your food to thaw or become unfit to eat.
- Please be aware you may not use domestic plugs or electricity supply to charge electric cars at any holiday homes.
Regulations and Conditions Regarding Pets
For any of our pet friendly properties the following rules apply –
- Do not allow any pet upstairs or in the downstairs bedroom.
- Do not allow any pet on the furniture.
- Bring all pet bedding required and towels for the pet when required.
- Ensure that any pet is clean and dry before allowing inside the property.
- Ensure that pets behave in such a manner as to not disrupt the enjoyment of other people staying in the vicinity or prejudice the reputation of the owner of the property.
- Promptly pick up all dog mess from the garden.
Excessive Rubbish – Please be aware if you leave the bins overflowing, we will charge a collection fee of £50.00. There are local domestic refuse sites in Coleraine, Portstewart and Portrush.
Each property is allocated half a black bin and half a blue bin per week due to Council stipulations.
Cleaning – Please leave the property reasonably clean and tidy. If there is extra cleaning required we will have to charge a fee of £15 per hour for the extra cleaning.
Late Check Out – Check out is 10.00am unless agreed otherwise. If you do not leave the property on time we will charge a late check fee of £50.00.
Loss of keys – If keys are lost during your stay there will be a fee of £50.00 taken from your breakage deposit.
Fireplaces/Wood Burning Stoves – Upon departure please ensure the fireplace/wood burning stove has been cleaned out if used during your stay. Failure to do this may incur £5 cleaning charge.
Lost and Found – Guests are asked to leave the property clean and tidy and to ensure that they take all belongings with them – there will be a collection charge of £15.00 for us to retrieve any items left behind and an additional postage fee.
Excessive use of electric – Example is Charging of an Electric car, Camper Van, Hot tub or any external vehicle or machinery will incur an additional £50 fee per stay. Price will vary depending on length of stay.
PLEASE NOTE: If we receive a call regarding a maintenance issue, due to guest error or misuse there will be a minimum call out charge of £30. If work needs to be carried out and any repairs made due to error or misuse these costs will be charged to the guest.
PLEASE NOTE: If the property has any bikes, or equipment this is used at your own risk. The owner will not be responsible for any injury caused.
CCR will not be liable for any act, neglect, or default on the part of any person. They will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or the property which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of or in any way connected with the booking or resulting from any other cause whatsoever. This includes injury by any furniture or fixing inside or outside the property. We advise you to arrange your own insurance to cover yourselves and your personal belongings whilst staying at the property.
Please note that all owners are instructed to put Carbon Monoxide alarms in their holiday homes, however we do advise holiday makers bring their own. If a property has Gas or a Boiler within the Holiday Home and there is not a Carbon Monoxide alarm please call the office and we will arrange for this to be done immediately.
A number of properties are fitted with internal fire safe doors due to building regulations. As these doors are self closing it is essential all children are supervised by an adult when using them. The doors are designed to be kept closed, as we do not provide door stops please ensure none are used.
If an appliance or heating breaks while you are occupying a property, Causeway Coast Rentals/Property Owners will make every effort in ensuring the problem is fixed. If a part needs to be ordered Causeway Coast Rentals/ property owner takes no responsibility for any delay in fixing the problem due to circumstances out of our control.
Please note that we only act as a booking agent for many of the properties. All the properties are owned by individual landlords.
All bookings are subject to owner approval and the owner has the rights to cancel any booking at any stage.
All statements on the website are, to the best of our knowledge, accurate.
By accepting our terms and conditions you will automatically be added to our mailing list. If you wish to be removed please unsubscribe when you receive your first email.
Our out of hours number should only be used between 7.00am – 9.00am and 5.00pm – 10.00pm Monday – Saturday and all day Sunday between 7.00am – 10.00pm, in the event of an emergency. We ask when possible guests arrive at properties during office hours (Monday – Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm) or within the times listed above, that our out of hours number is in service.